Bringing HOPE to the Hopeless
H - Helpful service
We want all of our efforts to positively impact a youth’s ability to mature and grow.
O - humble Obedience
We want youth to see that our lives are in humble submission to Christ.
P - Purposeful relationship
We want to build intentional friendships that lead to Christ-sharing opportunities.
E - Effective stewardship
We want to build organizational systems that enable us to reach more youth.
For over 50 years, Mid-Valley Youth For Christ has been “Bringing HOPE to the hopeless.” And these HOPE values capture our ministry philosophy.
- We care about the value of Helpful service because we believe that youth will grow if our presence in their lives is characterized by Christ-centered kindness and grace.
- We are passionate about the value of humble Obedience because we know that we can only teach submission to Christ if we ourselves are walking in the Spirit.
- We are committed to the value of building Purposeful relationships and understand that sharing the Gospel requires for us to practice evangelism that is Holy Spirit-guided.
- We are dedicated to our value of Effective stewardship because we are convinced that being a positive force within the juvenile justice system requires for us to have healthy systems and well-equipped team members.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
Youth for Christ Around the World
In the USA
Youth for Christ/USA has had a distinctive history of youth evangelism. In 1944 Billy Graham and Torrey Johnson held a Youth for Christ rally in Chicago. The ministry of YFC spread like wildfire across the USA. Today at thousands of community centers, high schools, middle schools, juvenile institutions, coffee shops, and local hangouts, YFC staff and volunteers meet with young people who need Jesus. For more about the national movement of Youth for Christ, visit www.yfc.org.
YFC/USA is part of a world-wide movement of Youth for Christ International. We are knit together with our common mission, vision, statement of faith, and passion to reach young people with the life changing message of Jesus Christ. However, YFC ministry doesn’t look the same in every country. If you are interested in serving with Youth for Christ in a country rather than the United States, be sure to visit Youth for Christ World Outreach at www.yfcworldoutreach.org. For more about Youth for Christ International, visit www.yfci.org